Bull Dog donate your car to homeless dogs

Donate your car to help homeless animals and receive a charity tax deduction. You’ll get rid of a vehicle, take up space in your garage or driveway, and avoid costly repairs, insurance, and the headache and hassle of selling a car. It’s an all-around winning scenario.

In addition to your car, here is a list of other vehicles that you may also donate:

  • Truck
  • Boat
  • Motorcycle
  • Trailer
  • Motor home or RV
  • ATV
  • Watercraft

How a vehicle donation benefits the animals:
By making a vehicle donation, you will be supporting pets in need. The money from the sale of your vehicle will go towards funding the animal rescue work, spay and neuter surgeries, and educational work.

Car donation tax deduction:
After you donate your car to us, you will receive a car donation tax write-off for your charitable contribution to Hounds in Pounds, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) animal organization.

What do I need to donate my car?
The title of the car must be in your name. We will also need some information about where the car is located and the condition of the vehicle. This will help us schedule the proper towing arrangements.

How to donate my vehicle:
Hounds in Pounds
collaborates with our trusted vehicle donation partner, Vehicles for Charity, to make donating your car quick, simple, and painless.

Call to get started:
You only need to call Vehicles for Charity at 866-628-2277 and tell them you are donating your car to Hounds in Pounds. Vehicles for Charity will arrange for free vehicle pickup within 24-48 hours of your car, boat, or other vehicle. There is no cost to you. Your vehicle can be picked up from your home, office, or even a repair shop.

Charitable contribution receipt:
In exchange for your vehicle and signed title, the tow company will give you a pick-up receipt for your records. After your car is sold, Vehicles for Charity will provide you with a tax receipt. If your car is sold for more than $500, in addition to the tax receipt, CARS will supply you with an IRS 1098-C form.

Charity tax deductions:
Hounds in Pounds
encourages you to speak with your tax advisor concerning your charitable vehicle donation. Your tax preparer can provide detailed advice. And instructions about itemizingions to receive a tax break for your animal gift. A professional can also inform you about particular IRS forms you may need to fill out and submit with your taxes.

Note: If you want to donate a vehicle, please review the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) guidelines for tax deduction allowances. Hounds in Pounds partners with a wholesaler to sell donated vehicles, so your donation amount may differ from your vehicle’s private party sale value.